Privacy Policies effective October 12, 2009
This is a General Motors Company ("GM") sponsored site. To view General Motors Company’s privacy statement click here: http://www.gm.com/privacy/#scope.
GM will have access to your name and other personal information you enter here. GM dealers and third parties will also have access to personal information you enter here and your browsing activities on this page in order to provide you the dealer locator services you are requesting. The role of each party is explained below and links to applicable privacy statements are provided.
Collection and Use of Your Information by GM
Information Directed to Our Dealers
When you complete a form on this website to ask a question of or request a quote from a GM dealer, the information you submit is forwarded by GM to the GM dealer you selected. Each GM dealer is independent of GM and the dealer you direct your communication to will have its own privacy statement. Please contact the dealer or visit the dealer’s website for more information on its privacy practices.
Changes to these Privacy Policies or Statements
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 12, 2009
In connection with your transaction, Tom Henry Chevrolet Inc. may obtain information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated in this notice.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources.
· Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
· Information about your transactions with us, affiliates or others; and
· Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
2. We may disclose all of the information that we collect about you as described above while you are a consumer, customer, of former customer to our affiliates and to non-affiliated third parties.
3. We may disclose nonpublic public information about you, while you are a consumer, customer or former customer, to the following types of third parties:
· Financial service providers, such as GMAC, First National Bank, etc.
· Non-financial companies, such as General Motors and Market Research, and
· Others, such as Online Administrators (Service Mailers) and GM Customer Connect (Follow Up Calls).
4. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
5. If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures that is you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than those disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may check this space next to “opt out” _______ Opt Out, if present during transaction, or provide written notice specifically stating your intentions to “opt out” within 15 days of the original transaction. Please consider that if you opt out of information sharing, your name will be excluded from mailings or other communications that may be of interest to you. Examples may include information about special rate programs, special promotions, service coupons and promotions, or other direct marketing programs.
6. We may also disclose while you are a consumer, customer, or former customer any information we collect about you to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to the financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. This disclosure is permitted by law, there is no opt out opportunity available.
7. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you while you are a consumer, customer, or former customer to the following types of affiliates: Online Administrators, General Motors, and others.
8. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or a service to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.